NATIONAL COUNCIL OF SOCIAL SECURITY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATIONS
Why Should I Become a Member?
Be a part of an organization that works for you & the things we all value – Join today!
An Invitation from the President of the National Council of Social Security Management Associations
The National Council of Social Security Management Associations (NCSSMA) is a professional organization that strives to further the goals of SSA from a management perspective by having an open dialogue with regional and national leaders. Many agency leaders are former or current members of our associations. By joining your regional association, you automatically become a member of NCSSMA.
Accomplishments we can be proud of!
• Providing congressional testimony by members on budget and service delivery issues
• Advocating for our interests through our government representative on Capitol Hill
• Working with federal advocacy groups to improve or protect federal employee benefits
• Representing management on national and regional workgroups
• Providing input through position papers and direct interaction with executives
• Influencing policy changes
• Giving input that often results in streamlined procedures
• Gaining improvements in automation and other systems enhancements
NCSSMA is a membership organization of over 3,400 SSA management positions that provides leadership in nearly 1,300 Field Offices and Teleservice Centers throughout the country. For over forty years, NCSSMA has worked to ensure that the knowledge and experience of front-line management are included in all phases of agency planning and decision making. We advocate for an SSA that remains customer focused and provides excellent public service while embracing technological advances and innovation.
Every year, the national management association works on a variety of issues that support our aim of improving service to the public and of supporting field and TSC managers. We have successfully argued for higher budgets for SSA, FERS Sick Leave conversion, and adequate FO and TSC resources. Here are a few recent accomplishments and activities:
• NCSSMA has devoted much time and resources in telling our front-line perspective to Congress in support of an adequate SSA budget. Our efforts have helped to create unprecedented national awareness of the budget issues facing SSA and the service delivery difficulties that inadequate budgets have caused
• NCSSMA has been an important voice on Capitol Hill and has testified in front of Congress on numerous occasions.
• NCSSMA provides comments on literally hundreds of technical and policy proposals each year.
• NCSSMA continues to provide input and engage agency leaders through productive working relationships on a wide variety of issues, including the following:
• Direct input from NCSSMA representatives on workgroups such as: Quality, WebTA, FO Design, and the National eServices Advisory Council
• Automation enhancements
• Program simplification proposals
• Adequate FO and TSC resources to address public service, quality and stewardship responsibilities
• Improving SSA electronic and online services
Many of our members have expressed appreciation for the information received through the national management association that they do not get anywhere else. This kind of information sharing keeps us all connected as managers and supervisors.
Your membership enables you to have access to this information. Your membership also supports the ability of the organization to achieve the results shown above and gives you a voice.
Chris Detzler, NCSSMA President
TOP 5 REASONS YOU SHOULD JOIN: