NATIONAL COUNCIL OF SOCIAL SECURITY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATIONS
National Council of
Social Security Management Associations
FrontLine Tips & Tricks
Monday, March 21, 2016
Several flash mentoring events have occurred in which outstanding speakers encouraged employees by giving them career advice. These are my top five takeaways:
1. Do your current job well by being adaptable, flexible, and a problem solver.
2. Learn from your mistakes and take ownership. Try to turn your adversity into success.
3. Do not get discouraged if you applied for jobs and were not selected. Talk to your manager regarding areas in
which you can grow. And by all means, find an outstanding mentor.
4. Learn from everyone you come in contact with. Great leaders have people they can trust. They are also active
listeners and great observers.
5. Hold on to your dreams and invest in yourself. Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP). Create and
envision your career goals, and continue to give advice to someone else who is looking to advance their career.
By Sythera Pride-Paulus